The best countertop microwave oven is an appliance we see in almost every household. But, did you know that the microwave was discovered by accident? Its inventor, Percy Spencer, an engineer at Raytheon, was testing the magnetron tubes he tried to improve. When he reached into his pocket, he found out that the candy bar inside has melted. To find out what really happened, he tested it again; this time with an egg, and after a few minutes, the egg exploded.
The next day, he brought in corn kernels and made some popcorn using his new invention, and that was when the first microwave oven was born. In 1947, the first commercially made microwave oven was also sold in the market which they called the “Radarange.” It weighed 750 pounds, and it was very costly, and because of that, it did not sell a lot. However, in 1967 a more compact version was sold, and it became a best-seller.
Since microwave ovens are a huge hit, we will be looking at three ovens and let’s find out which is the best countertop microwave oven amongst them.
Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB
This Faberware microwave oven weighs 36.63 pounds, and its size is at 1.1 cubic feet. It has a 1000-watt cooking power and 10 adjustable power levels. Furthermore, it has a digital control and LED display with a kitchen timer and clock. It also features a one- to six-minute, express cooking, quick-start control. This microwave oven also has six, one-touch cooking functions for frozen vegetables, popcorn, pizza, potatoes, beverages or dinner plates.
In addition, it has a memory function that stores and recalls cooking settings immediately. This microwave oven also has a multi-stage cooking system for different types of meals and snacks. Along with this, it has a defrost function and removable rotating turntable. Finally, it has a keypad-lock system to prevent the unsupervised use of the oven.
- Its manufacturer gives a limited, one-year warranty offer.
- Its high-power capabilities allow you to heat food in a lesser time.
- The microwave oven is compact, so it can easily fit on your countertop.
- Its settings are straightforward.
- It has a solid build quality.
- The design is attractive and elegant.
- It comes with a user manual.
- The microwave oven is a bit loud when in use for some users.
- It has a dim interior light, and the inside of the oven is colored grey which makes the lighting of no use.
This Panasonic microwave oven has a power of 1250 watts which will allow you to cook food faster. It also has a patented inverter technology for a seamless stream of cooking power and to provide quick defrosting time. This microwave oven also features an automatic sensor that adjusts time and power according to the type of food placed in it. In addition, it has 12 preset menu items for easy food preparation.
This Panasonic microwave also features a digital display for the timer and clock. It also comes with a trim kit. Lastly, the microwave weighs 37 pounds, and its turntable size is 16.5 inches.
- The manufacturer provides a one-year limited warranty.
- It is a powerful microwave.
- It evenly heats food.
- It is compact but the interior is large.
- This microwave oven is user-friendly.
- It is easy to clean and well-lit.
- The microwave has a simple design.
- Its inverter technology makes this microwave energy efficient.
- The keys are stiff at initial use.
- The microwave interferes with wireless signals when in use.
Bella 700-Watt Compact Microwave Oven
This Bella microwave has a 0.7 cubic feet cooking capacity and 700 watts of cooking power. It also features a digital control with a LED display and 10 power levels. Furthermore, it has six preset and express cooking functions. This microwave also features multi-stage cooking that allows cooking customization for different kinds of food. Moreover, it has time and defrost functions that allow defrosting depending on the weight of the produce.
This Bella microwave also features a kitchen timer and clock display and a +30-second button when you want additional cooking time. In addition, it has a memory function to store cooking settings and keypad lock to prevent unsupervised use. Finally, it has a removable glass turntable, and its diameter is 10 inches.
- It comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- It has an attractive design.
- It has a compact design that will take very little space on your countertop.
- The Bella microwave is user-friendly.
- It is easy to clean.
- It comes with an instruction manual.
- It does not have a vent.
- Pushing the buttons is a little hard.
- It may not be as powerful as bigger microwave ovens.
- It might be loud for some users.
- The door is a bit hard to open and close.
Best Countertop Microwave Oven: The Verdict
Although the three products mentioned are awesome microwave ovens, we do not recommend the Panasonic microwave because it will interfere with your wireless signal. Usually, its casing should be enough to prevent any radiation emission, but with it interfering with the WiFi means that its enclosure might have some damage to it. Do note that this emission is minimal that it will not pose a danger to humans.
Therefore, the best countertop microwave ovens among the three are the Faberware and the Bella. We suggest the Faberware microwave to consumers who want a more powerful and bigger microwave. On the other hand, the Bella is for those who want a more compact, less powerful microwave oven. To specify, the Bella microwave is 0.7 cubic feet and has a cooking power of 700 watts, while, the Faberware is 1.1 cubic feet and its cooking power is 1000 watts.
On the other hand, the Faberware and the Bella microwaves have the same functionalities such as the digital display, preset cooking buttons, and defrost function which makes the two ideal for whatever needs you have.