If you are like many home cooks today, you are probably already aware of the air fryer craze that everyone’s been talking about. The constant need to prepare healthy and equally delicious food is a struggle to balance. When you think about eating healthier what comes to mind are salads and other kinds of bland and boring foods. This won’t go well at home, especially when there are kids around.
This is why the best air fryer is considered as a kitchen staple by many home cooks, but what exactly makes this kitchen appliance so great? Here are some of the things you might want to know about the air fryer before you start choosing one on the market. So what really gives? Here’s the basic information to help you when you’re looking to buy an air fryer, or perhaps tempt you into buying one.
How does it work?
An air fryer is a great way to cook “fried” food with as little oil as possible. Food placed inside the machine come out with a crispy texture, but a soft and juicy center—all that with a tablespoon or less of oil required. How is it possible?
Air fryers use rapid-air technology which circulates hot air that can reach up to 400° Fahrenheit to evenly cook food. The hot air allows for quick cooking without saturating the food with grease and oil. When regularly using the machine, people cut down their oil consumption up to 75%, making it a healthier alternative to deep frying.
What else can an air fryer do?
Single-use gadgets today are no longer very popular. Consumers prefer to get their money’s worth by purchasing things that have more than one purpose. The air fryer is exactly that kind of appliance. The machine is capable of performing just about every kind of cooking style you would want to do in the kitchen. Air fryers are capable of “frying,” baking, reheating, steaming, grilling, and other forms of cooking, all with just the press of a button.
Since it can do so much with so little effort, many find that the air fryer quickly becomes their go-to cooking appliance for every meal.
How to get the best results
Although the air fryer sounds like an amazing kitchen appliance, there are still many people who are unimpressed with the outcome of their food. To avoid kitchen mishaps when using the air fryer, follow these tips.
Adjust temperature settings
A smart preset button may seem convenient, but they don’t work for all kinds of food. Try manually adjusting the temperature to achieve the correct heat level that allows full and thorough cooking.
Add correct amount of oil
The amount of oil required to cook food will vary depending on the style and type of food you are cooking inside the air fryer. For “frying” food, one tablespoon is more than enough, while steaming requires no oil at all. The best results come when cooking spray is used.
Proper food placement
French fries and other pre-packed food can be placed in a pile inside the air fryer; certain battered and coated food need to be arranged properly. One layer on the rack results in food that is evenly cooked all around. Also, be careful when putting too much food in the basket as this can increase cooking time.
Adjusting cooking time
The great thing about air fryers is how fast they can cook food thoroughly and evenly. This is due to the circulation of hot air inside the machine. Since it is capable of maintaining a constant temperature, food is ready in less time. Adjust the cooking time accordingly. Food that typically takes 20 minutes to cook can be ready to serve in 15. Check on the food if it is ready as early as possible to prevent overcooking.
Proper cleaning methods
Never allow water to come in contact with the body of the air fryer. This can damage the digital components of the machine. Check if the rack and basket are dishwasher safe before cleaning them inside the dishwasher. To be on the safe side, use hot soapy water and a non-abrasive scrubber to clean the parts that need washing.
These are just the basic tips on how to use the air fryer, but most machines come with their own set of instructions. Follow these instructions and make adjustments as you get more comfortable using the air fryer for all your cooking needs. Always be careful when handling the appliance, especially when it is still hot as it can cause serious burns when mishandled.
Top 5 Best Airy Fryer To Check Out
Now that you are more acquainted with the uses and how to use the most basic of air fryers, it is time to start checking out different brands and models. Here is a short list of some of the most popular brands in the market today.
Philips XL Airfryer
There is nothing more indulgent and delicious as deep-fried food. It is a guilty go-to comfort food for many people, but sadly it is also notoriously unhealthy. Completely giving up all kinds of unhealthy food simply isn’t an option for your average person. Thankfully, with the invention of the air fryer people can now enjoy crispy “fried” food without the excess grease and oil.
Here is a review on the Philips XL Airfryer as a possible addition to your kitchen when you are ready to explore the wonders of air frying.
- Cooks food evenly using rapid-air technology
- Hot air is circulated at high speed and precision
- Smart preset button memorizes favorite food setting
- 65-lb. cooking capacity
- Uses one tablespoon or less of oil
- Bakes, roasts, grills, steams, fries, and so much more!
- Adjustable temperature up to 360°
- Dishwasher-safe basket and drawer
- Includes 150 different recipes
- Come with a free app
- Gordon Ramsay approved
- Expands cooking menu
- Easy to use
- Smart preset button cooks different food to perfection
- Makes daily healthy eating possible
- Versatile cooking methods
- Extra-large cooking capacity
- Feeds a family of 4 in one cooking
- Easy to clean up, no need for extra scrubbing
- Dishwasher-friendly and detachable parts
- Healthier way of “frying”
- Significantly cuts down cooking time
- All-in-one kitchen gadget
- Expensive, higher-end air fryer
- Not suitable for casual users
- Very sensitive digital display
- Prone to malfunctioning with digital control
- Prone to damage when exposed to water
With the Gordon Ramsay stamp of approval you can’t go wrong with the Philips XL Airfryer. It will bring a positive and healthy change to your family’s diet without sacrificing the taste and quality of food. A must-have for home cooks who want to expand their cooking style with minimal effort involved.
Air Fryer By Cozyna
The satisfying crunch of the first bite into a perfectly golden deep-fried French fry or piece of Southern fried chicken is a wonderful experience. A huge problem with indulging in too much fried food is how bad it is for the health. Everyone knows that too much of a good thing is bad; the same notion goes for junk food. Instead of completely giving up the delicious crunchy texture with the juicy center, why not look for a healthier alternative?
This is where the magic of the air fryer like the Air Fryer By Cozyna comes into play. Learn more about this product and how it can change your diet and cooking habits.
- Produces healthier fried-food alternatives
- Requires a tablespoon or less of oil
- Zero-guilt, but flavorful results
- Go-to kitchen appliance
- Capable of grilling, roasting, frying, and baking
- Dishwasher safe parts
- E-book and physical book contains 50 different recipes
- Uses a stormic airflow technology
- Cooking temperature reaches 400° F
- 2-liter cooking capacity
- Cuts oil consumption significantly
- Reduces cooking time
- Flavor of food stays the same
- Very versatile with cooking methods
- No need to “fry” everything
- Helps expand cooking menu
- No more boring and bland food
- Removable and dishwasher safe parts make for quick and easy cleanup
- No smell of oil lingers
- Does not overheat
- Easy to grip handles for portability
- Large cooking capacity
- Excellent customer service
- Risk-free purchase
- High temperatures may cause structural damage
- Not advisable for cooking too many large batches of food
- Very sensitive digital display
- Digital display easily gets damaged
When it comes to air frying the Air Fryer By Cozyna is a very handy appliance to have around the kitchen. It significantly cuts down oil consumption and cooking time without sacrificing taste. It gives you consistently delicious food without much effort. It makes a wonderful gift for any home cook.
Secura Large Capacity Electric Hot Air Fryer
There is no denying that deep frying food results in one of the tastiest and most satisfying meals you can have; and there is also no denying that is one of the unhealthiest eating habits you can develop. There is far too much cholesterol and grease in fried food, and it can have a lot of negative effects on the body. Simply dropping the habit is impossible for many people, firstly because they just love fried food, and second, it is probably the easiest way to prepare a meal for the family, so understandably it is difficult to drop.
For those who want to start eating healthier while at the same time not limiting their taste buds to bland and boring food, an air fryer like the Secura Large Capacity Electric Hot Air Fryer is the answer. Learn more about this handy kitchen appliance.
- Cooking capacity: 3.2 liters
- Uses high-speed air and top grill for better cooking quality
- Makes fast, healthy, and delicious meals possible
- Great for snacks and entrées
- Requires less oil and grease
- Automatic timer of up to 60 minutes
- 180°- 400° adjustable temperature setting
- Users have total control over time and temperature
- Includes recipes, skewers, and toaster rack
- 2-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
- Versatile cooking capabilities
- Grill and skewers make it the perfect grilling buddy
- Creates restaurant-quality food every time
- Heats up leftovers without drying them out for minimal food waste
- Perfect for home cooks and people who dine out
- Cuts down cooking time significantly
- Uses less oil to lessen expenses
- Helps users stick to a healthy balanced diet
- Taste is never sacrificed
- Cooks food for big groups
- Easy to grip handle for added safety
- Manufacturer’s warranty makes it a risk-free purchase
- Strong plastic smell when first used
- Frequent usage on high temperature causes damage
- Not good for continuous use on highest temperature
The Secura Large Capacity Electric Hot Air Fryer is an amazing kitchen appliance to have at home. It makes cooking healthy meals fast and easy without sacrificing the taste. Everyone at home will enjoy meals cooked using the air fryer, and worries of too much and grease won’t be a problem anymore.
NuWave Brio Air Fryer
Frying food is the easiest way to prepare a meal that the entire family can enjoy. No one can say no to the classic combination of nuggets and fries, not even adults. The problem with relying too much on fried food is the amount of oil and grease the family ends up consuming on a regular basis. No parent would want their kids to rely on that unhealthy diet.
For home cooks struggling to keep up with day-to-day responsibilities, while also worrying about healthy eating, the air fryer could be your saving grace. Check out this review of the NuWave Brio Air Fryer to see if the kitchen appliance deserves a spot in your kitchen.
- LED digital controls
- Consistent and accurate results
- 100°-390° adjustable temperature
- Increments of 5° for better control
- Pre-heat setting included
- Unit does not operate if basket isn’t in place
- Hot air and high-speed results in precise cooking
- Bakes, roasts, grills, and fried food
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Small and compact
- Stores easily under most kitchen counters
- Reliable and consistent cooking results
- Pre-heat setting drastically cuts down cooking time
- Makes meal preparation a breeze
- Versatile cooking methods
- Does everything with a press of a button
- Uses little to no oil
- Digital settings ensure precision
- Eliminates the need for constant tossing
- Food is always evenly cooked
- Auto-shut off makes the machine safe to use
- Convenient and easy to use
- Quick and easy cleanup
- Prone to overheating and melting
- Not suitable for constant use on highest temperature setting
- Digital buttons are very sensitive
- Bottom pan coating peels off when exposed to extreme heat
For those who are struggling to stick to a healthy diet because their cooking skills are limited, the NuWave Brio Air Fryer is an option worth looking into. It is easy to use, reliable, and ensures that all your meals are healthy and delicious. What more could you ask for?
SimpleTaste Multi-Function Electric Air Fryer
Fried-food as a choice of comfort food is understandable and relatable. The crisp outer layer and the juicy center of your food is simply irresistible. However, eating too much fried food isn’t good for the health and for the drains at home; too much grease and oil clog both the drain to your kitchen sink and the arteries of your heart, not a combination anyone wants.
Instead of fully giving up the deliciousness of the fried food, why not look at a healthier alternative like cooking with an air fryer? Here is a review on the SimpleTaste Multi-Function Electric Air Fryer to help you see what a kitchen gadget like this can offer you and your family.
- Multi-functional with 8 smart preset settings
- Cooks different kinds of food easily
- Rapid air circulation technology cuts down cooking time
- Most foods are cooked within 30 minutes or less
- Manually and Automatically adjustable timer
- Temperature range of 170°-400°
- Uses less oil and produces no smoke
- Easy to clean and use gadget
- 2-quart food capacity
- Internal shelf and basket included
- Cooks perfect meals at the press of a button
- Entire meals ready at one go
- Allows for cooking different food simultaneously
- Versatile cooking methods
- Less hassle in food preparation and cooking
- Easy to control and adjust timer
- Requires little to no oil at all
- Very compact kitchen gadget
- Fast and easy cleanup
- Little mess involved from start to finish
- Very friendly customer service
- Offers support and replacement when needed
- Not dishwasher safe
- Basket and shelf must be washed by hand
- More expensive than other brands
- Very sensitive digital components
- Prone to short-circuiting when exposed to too much moisture
Healthy eating doesn’t have to mean bland and tasteless food when you have the SimpleTaste Multi-Function Electric Air Fryer at home. This kitchen gadget makes cooking delicious and healthy meals quick, easy, possible. All it takes is the press of a button.
The best air fryer title is still up for grabs because there are different factors involved when determining the best of the best. When it comes down to buying an air fryer, the decision is still up to you. You can consider different aspects like cooking capacity, price, and reputation to find one that meets your needs and expectations. No matter which brand or model you choose, you can safely say that the best air fryer can definitely transform the way you cook and eat for the better.